Making Music Conservatory Education Available to Everyone!
The National Academy of Music America, Inc. (NAMA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering music conservatory education beyond borders while passing on and preserving America’s rich and diverse musical heritage for future generations.
Based on international music conservatory models such as the Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) in Britain, Conservatorio Santa Cecilia in Rome and Conservatory Canada, the National Academy of Music America (NAMA) is developing a curriculum of study and evaluation which is internationally established, accessible and affordable for music teachers and students everywhere.
As other conservatories promote the music of their national heritage, the NAMA Conservatory Syllabus Program features the music of America from all genres such as classical, jazz, popular, American songbook and Latin America, in addition to the traditional European classics. Through the NAMA Syllabus instrumental repertoire lists, history and theory courses, students are exposed to America’s rich and diverse musical heritage while benefiting from its internationally established standards of achievement.
- The National Academy of Music America’s (NAMA) core activity is the provision of graded music Evaluations and Certificates of Achievement culminating in the Associate of Music Diploma.
- NAMA Evaluations are to be accessible, accredited, & affordable, and will be available for registration online at our future website (www.nationalacademyofmusic.org).
- Convenient NAMA Evaluation Sites are being established at local Music Schools, Community Centers, Churches and Libraries.
- NAMA Evaluations are designed to motivate students at all levels and ages, providing realistic goals and tangible rewards for their achievements.
- NAMA offers a uniquely American Syllabus of study, featuring music by American composers as well as the traditional classics in our repertoire lists, theory and history courses, dedicated to passing on and preserving America’s musical cultural heritage for future generations.
- The NAMA Program is on par with international conservatory standards, such as ABRSM in Britain, Paris Conservatoire and the Royal Conservatory of Music in Canada.
- NAMA offers Evaluations at graded levels of achievement by authorized examiners.
- NAMA offers certificates of achievement, soon to be recognized for school credit.
- The NAMA program offers an essential resource of graded repertoire found in popular music teaching materials, such as the Faber & Faber and Music for the Millions series.
- NAMA provides music schools and private teachers with a supportive, comprehensive approach for developing well rounded musicianship in their students.
- With the NAMA Program of study, students can progress at their own rate.
NAMA Pilot Evaluation Piano Level 2
NAMA Pilot Evaluation Piano Level 6
The NAMA Pilot Piano Evaluations took place at the Plymouth Church of the Pilgrims, Brooklyn Heights, New York. Examiner: Bruce Oelschlager, Music Director, Plymouth Church of the Pilgrims.